The Vanegas Law Group is a boutique law firm specializing in assisting small companies throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, in creating successful entities with sound business policies. As a small business ourselves, we share a keen understanding of the stress and anxiety that comes with ambitious endeavors. Partnering with the Vanegas Law Group will grant you peace of mind and reliable guidance throughout the life of your business. We pride ourselves on using the most innovative approaches and delivering excellent results.
Small Business Lawyers Protecting Small Business Owners
If you need small business lawyers with extensive knowledge and experience navigating California’s complex business licensing, corporate, and labor and employment laws, please rest assured knowing that you can end your search. Our team of small business lawyers provides dedicated services to our clients to help their businesses stay compliant.
When first launching your company or startup, you may be unsure what business structure or entity form is best for your organization. For example, should you become a corporation or LLC, or should you remain a sole proprietor? Do you currently have business partners or do you intend to have partners later? Do you foresee the need to sell or transfer the business to someone or to create a business succession plan? Does your licensing law restrict your ability to incorporate as a specific format? You also have a lot to consider when hiring your first employees or when you engage the public with your service or product offering. Therefore, it’s essential to consult with experienced small business attorneys familiar with business laws and regulations. Attorneys at the Vanegas Law Group can help you with all of these legal matters, including:
- Employment Counseling – As your small business lawyers, we will work directly with you to create a strategy that ensures compliance with all laws affecting your operations during such transitions as hiring, promotions, employee discipline, termination, or layoffs.
- Employment Policies – Trust our team to assist in drafting, reviewing, and updating any non-compliant policies you might have in place and develop procedures to maintain compliance.
- Employee Benefits – Employee benefits can be highly complex to navigate in California. Our practice has significant experience advising and creating benefits programs with our clients that meet state and federal requirements.
- Litigation Defense – If you have been accused of employment discrimination, harassment, or not correctly compensating your employees, contact the Vanegas Law Group right away. We are skillful negotiators and litigators who will help you in formulating a strategy to find a resolution and avoid or reduce the costs of litigation, if possible.
- Breach of Contract Disputes – Our small business lawyers regularly represent clients pursuing or defending against breach of contract suits.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty (Derivative Action) – If you believe your business partner has breached their fiduciary duties or someone accused you of doing so, contact our firm to discuss your case right away.
- ADA Accessibility Case Defense – Companies accused of violating the public accommodation requirements of the ADA need to protect their assets and their brand’s reputation. Our firm is here to go to bat on your behalf and fight meritless claims.
- Civil Litigation Defense – Since 1979, our firm has defended small businesses in the Bay Area and beyond, from civil suits on both the state and federal levels. No matter your business, we can effectively defend your case.
- Advising Businesses on an Ongoing Basis – Whether you are a new or established business, you would benefit from having a cost-effective outside general counsel to assist you in achieving your goals. The Vanegas Law Group provides such service to small and midsize companies throughout California.
- Assistance in Deal Negotiations and Contracting – Contracts are a crucial part of growing and expanding your business. Trust our small business attorneys to not only provide sound advice to you when creating these agreements but rely on us to deliver skillful negotiation on your behalf and negotiate terms that protect you in case the deal turns sour.
Your Growing Company Needs Reputable Small Business Lawyers
Our clients expect candid and courageous representation and counsel. As such, our attorneys use creative, efficient, and cost-effective tactics and fortify them with experienced strategy. We collaborate at every step of the process both within the firm and with our clients to pursue a fair resolution with integrity.
Our attorneys have over 50 years of combined legal experience and provide our clients with excellent legal representation. Our firm has offered accessible legal services to small to midsize companies since 1979, which gives you tremendous insight into California business and employment law. Because we represent both employees and businesses, our team provides comprehensive counsel that your organization can rely on throughout its lifetime. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation to advise you about your legal matter.